Singapore Company Licensing Guides

Information You Need to Succeed

Government Agencies and the Licences They Oversee

(Source: LicenceOne)

Generic selectors
Exact matches only
Search in title
Search in content

  • Business Registration: Registering a Sole Proprietorship or Partnership Business
  • Company Incorporation: Incorporating a Company
  • Foreign Company Registration: Registering a branch of a foreign company
  • Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) Registration: Registering a limited liability partnership
  • Limited Partnership (LP) Registration: Registering a limited partnership.
  • Certificate of Freedom From Disease Within Singapore
  • Free Sale Certificate (Vaccine)
  • Health Certificate for Export of Ornamental Fish
  • Licence for Animal Exhibition
  • Licence for Animal Research Facility
  • Licence for Pet Shop
  • Licence for Veterinary Centre
  • Licence to Import or Export Ornamental Fish
  • Licence to Import/Export/Transship Animals, Birds, Eggs and Biologics
  • Licence to Possess Veterinary Biologics
  • Licence to Treat Animals and Birds
  • Veterinary Certificate
  • Licence To Supply Architectural Services: For providing architectural services that require submission of plans and certificates to authorities regulating buildings.
  • Advertising Sign/ Signboard Licence: All businesses intending to display any outdoor sign such as an advertisement or directional sign, signboard, animated billboard, balloon sign or banner are required to obtain a licence from BCA.
  • Amusement Rides Permit: The Amusement Rides Safety Act (Chapter 6A) defines an amusement ride as any mechanised or power-driven device that carries
  • Company Registration (CR): To apply CNB Permits for import / export / transhipment of CNB controlled precursors,
    CNB will then issue an import / export permit to effect the shipment.
    CNB licence is free.
  • Permit Administration and Control System(PATROL)
  • Air Operator Certificate: Any organisation whose principal place of business is in Singapore and which intends to operate aircraft for the purpose of public transport shall hold an Air Operator Certificate (AOC)
  • Air Traffic Controller Licence: All qualified ATCOs shall be in possession of a valid air traffic controller licence before they can provide any air traffic service
  • Aircraft Maintenance Engineer: An Aircraft Maintenance Engineer (AME) is a certified professional who is licensed by CAAS and authorised by the Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) organisation to carry out inspection, repair, etc
  • Aircraft Maintenance Organisation: Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) organisation to carry out inspection, repair, testing and/or maintenance work on aircraft and aircraft components
  • Flight Crew Licence: For flight crew such as pilots, fly instructors, flight engineers, flight examiners
  • Munitions of War (MOW) Permit: Munitions of war (MOW) are weapons and ammunition designed for use in warfare or against the person, including parts designed for such weapons and ammunitions.
  • Permit to Fly: A permit to fly may be issued for the purpose of: a.Relocating the aircraft to a base where repairs, modification or maintenance are to be performed; b.Delivering or exporting the aircraft; c.Evacuating the aircraft from an area of impending danger, or in cases of force majeure; d.Flying aircraft that does not have a valid Certificate of Airworthiness in Singapore airspace for such purposes as flight test, post-maintenance functional flight check, aircraft handling flights, etc
  • Permits for Carriage of Dangerous Goods: Paragraph 50D of the Air Navigation Order provides that dangerous goods shall not be carried in civil aircraft except with the permit issued by CAAS and in accordance with any conditions which may be imposed
  • Estate Agent Licence and Salesperson Registration: To conduct estate agency work such as marketing, buying, selling and/or leasing properties for third parties.
  • Early Childhood Development Centre Licence: The Early Childhood Development Agency (ECDA) was established on 1 April 2013 to oversee key aspects of children’s development below the age of 7, across both kindergartens and child care centres
  • Certificate Of Registration Under The Control Of Manufacture Act: In Singapore, the manufacture of certain goods is regulated by the Control of Manufacture Act. Any person that intends to manufacture COMA-scheduled goods or their parts thereof would need to apply to be registered under the COMA
  • Licence Under The Manufacture of Optical Discs Act: The Manufacture of Optical Discs Act
  • Electrical Engineer’s Licence
  • Electrical Technician’s Licence
  • Electrician’s Licence
  • Electricity Licence (Embedded Generators)
  • Electricity Licence (Generation Company)
  • Electricity Licence (Retailer)
  • Electricity Licence (Wholesaler (Generation)
  • Electricity Licence (Wholesaler (Interruptible Load)
  • Gas Importer Licence
  • Gas Retailer Licence
  • Gas Service Worker Licence
  • Gas Service Worker Licence (Restricted)
  • Gas Shipper Licence
  • Rice Licence: In Singapore, rice is a controlled item under the Price Control Act (Chapter 244) and the Price Control (Rice) 1990 issued by the Minister of Trade and Industry
  • Rubber Licence: For dealing in, treating and storing of natural rubber
  • Tobacco Retail Licence: For the retail of tobacco products
  • Certificate of Registration and Hotel-keeper’s Licence: For premises with 4 or more rooms to carry out the business of providing accommodation as a hotel
  • Application for Changes (HDB Commercial Properties): HDB Commercial Tenants may apply for change in trade/partner(s)/business mode, transfer, assignment or renting out their properties. HDB Commercial Owners may apply for renting out their living quarters
  • Application for Resale/Transfer of HDB Commercial Properties: HDB commercial premises can now lodge / or apply for their resale / transfer depending on the nature of each request
  • Change of Company’s Name for HDB Commercial Tenants: Applicable to tenants who change their company’s name without change of: a. business registration number ; and b. business setup (i.e. no change in partners or shareholders or their respective shareholdings)
  • Home Office Scheme (HDB): Applicants need not register with the Accounting & Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) first to apply for the Home Office Scheme (HOS)
  • Certificate of Competency for Ship Station Operators
  • Licence for The Sale of Telecommunication Equipment
  • Licence for the Provision of Telecommunication Services
  • Licence for the Operation of Radio-communication Station/Network
  • Licence for the Installation of Internal Telecommunication Wiring
  • Licence for the Provision of Broadcasting Services
  • Licence for the Distribution / Exhibition of Films
  • Licence/Permit for Newspaper & Printing Press
  • Licence for the Provision of Arts Entertainment
  • Licence for Provision of Postal Services
  • Licence for Provision of Service of Detecting Underground Telecommunication Cable
  • Appraiser’s Licence (Lands and Buildings): This application allows you to apply for new licence to appraise lands and buildings in Singapore.
  • GST Registration: GST is a broad-based consumption tax levied on the import of goods (collected by Singapore Customs), as well as nearly all supplies of goods and services in Singapore.
  • Patent Agent Form A (Registration as a Singapore Patent Agent): Application for Registration as a Singapore Patent Agent under rule 7(1) of the Patents (Patent Agents) Rules 2001
  • Patent Agent Form C (Application for a Practising Certificate): Application for a Practising Certificate under rule 9(1) of the Patents (Patent Agents) Rules 2001
  • Patent Agent Form H (Registration /Renewal of Registration as a Foreign Patent Agent): Application for Registration as a Foreign Patent Agent under rule 10B or for Renewal of Registration as a Foreign Patent Agent under Rule 10C of the Patents (Patent Agents) Rules 2001
  • Application for Change of Use and Parking Layout to Existing Developments
  • Building Works & Restricted Activities in Railway Protection Zone
  • Bus Driver’s Vocational Licence (BDVL) / Bus Attendant Vocational Licence (BAVL)
  • Bus Service Licence (BSL)
  • Bus Service Operator’s Licence (BSOL)
  • Notification of Road Closure 
  • Omnibus Driver’s Vocational Licence 
  • Permit for Vehicle Movement
  • Permit to Work on Public Streets 
  • Taxi Driver’s Vocational Licence (TDVL) / Private Hire Car Driver’s Vocational Licence (PDVL)
  • Asatizah Recognition Scheme: For religious teacher/asatizah conducting religious classes or Quranic classes
  • Halal Certification: This application allows you to make a new Halal certification application for your business
  • Islamic Education Centres And Providers Registration: Anyone or any entity who wishes to conduct an Islamic education centre or be an Islamic education provider.
  • Accreditation Scheme for Bunker Surveying Companies
  • Advanced Powered Pleasure Craft Driving Licence
  • Bunker Convention Certificate
  • Bunkering Licence (Bunker Supplier)
  • Harbour Craft Licence
  • Harbour Craft Manning Licence
  • Permit to Break-up a Vessel in Port
  • Permit to Launch a New Vessel in Port 
  • Permit to Lay-Up a Vessel in Port 
  • Pleasure Craft 
  • Pleasure Craft Driving Licence
  • Application for Permit to conduct Fund-Raising Appeal for Foreign Charitable Purposes: Any person who wishes to conduct any fund-raising appeal for foreign charitable purposes, must apply for a permit from the Office of the Commissioner of Charities. To apply for the permit, the fund-raiser (i.e. an incorporated or unincorporated organisation in Singapore must submit the application at least 30 days before the commencement of the fundraising appeal. You will be asked to submit the following documents during application:
    • Proof that the beneficiary is a bona fide organisation in its country;
    • Letter from the beneficiary acknowledging that fund-raising activity held in its name; and
    • Governing instrument of the charity or intended beneficiary
  • Registering A New Charity or IPC Status: Under the Charities (Registration of Charities) Regulations, organisations will have to comply with the following conditions to get registered as charities:
    • Purposes or objects of the organisation must be exclusively charitable;
    • Organisation must have at least 3 governing board members, of whom at least two must be Singapore citizens or permanent residents; and
    • Purposes or objects of the organisation must be beneficial wholly or substantially to the community in Singapore
  • Certificate of Registration of School


    • PEIs offering education leading to the award of a diploma or degree, or full-time post-secondary education leading to the award of a certificate;
    • PEIs offering full-time preparatory courses for entrance / placement tests for joining MOE mainstream schools, or for external examinations;
    • and Foreign System Schools (FSS) offering full-time primary or secondary education wholly or substantially in accordance with a foreign or international curriculum;
    • Privately-funded special education schools
      should apply for “Registration of Private Education Institutions” under the CPE (Council for Private Education).
  • Clinical Laboratory Licence
  • Clinical X-Ray Laboratory Licence 
  • Community Health Centre
  • Dental Clinic Licence 
  • Hospital Licence
  • Medical Clinic Licence
  • Nursing Home Licence
  • Termination of Pregnancy (TOP)
  • Permit to Promote or Conduct a Private Lottery: Under the Private Lotteries Act, a Private Lottery Permit is required for the promotion or conduct of any private lottery, which includes fruit machines, lucky draw and tombola.
  • Registry of Societies: Any club, company, partnership or association of 10 or more persons, whatever its nature or object should seek registration with ROS, unless you are any of the following:

a) Any company registered under any written law relating to companies for the time being in force in Singapore
b) Any company or association constituted under any written law.
c) Any trade union registered or required to be registered under any written law relating to trade unions for the time being in Singapore.
d) Any co-operative society registered as such under any written law.
e) Any mutual benefit organizations registered as such under any written law relating to mutual benefit organizations for the time being in force in Singapore.
f) Any company, association or partnership, consisting of not more than 20 persons formed for the sole purpose of carrying on any lawful business that has for its object the acquisition of gain by the company, association or partnership, or the individual members thereof.
g) Any class, society or association of foreign insurers carrying on insurance business in Singapore under any foreign insurer scheme established under Part IIA of the Insurance Act (Cap. 142).
h) Any school or management committee of a school constituted under any law regulating schools for the time being in force in Singapore

  • Certificate of Exemption (the Moneylenders Act (Cap.188)): For entities which lend money to borrowers for specific purposes. Before applying: No application fees
  • Insolvency Practitioner Licence (IP)
  • Moneylender’s Licence: For entities which intend to be in the business of moneylending. Upfront fee payable: A non-refundable application fee of $600
  • Pawnbroker’s Licence: For institutions who are interested to engage in pawnbroking business. Please note that an application fee of $800/- is payable upfront
  • Registration of Precious Stones and Precious Metals Dealers: For businesses that conduct regulated dealing (in precious stones, precious metals, precious products or asset-backed tokens) or as an intermediary for regulated dealing
  • Employment Agency Licence: Before you apply for this licence, please ensure that you have registered your business or company with ACRA
  • Factory Notification and Registration: The Occupier (e.g. factory owner) of premises defined as factories is required to either notify or register their premises with MOM before operations, to facilitate the management of workplace risk and the implementation of Safety and Health Management Systems
  • Foreign Employee Dormitories: Under the Foreign Employee Dormitories Act, from 1 January 2016, operators of dormitories that can house 1,000 or more foreign employees need to obtain a licence from MOM
  • Work Passes and Permits: All foreigners who intend to work in Singapore must have a valid pass (commonly known as a work visa) before they start work. If you are engaging foreigners to work in Singapore, you must ensure that they hold a valid pass. Find out which pass is suitable, if they are eligible and how to apply
  • Licence for Residential Care Facilities: Operating a residential care facility for children and young persons under 16 years of age or ambulant/semi-ambulant persons aged 60 years and above
  • SDNTrust Accreditation: For dating agencies providing dating services
  • Application for Authorised Reinsurers & Approved MAT Insurers: A person carrying on reinsurance business outside Singapore may apply in writing to MAS for authorisiation in section 34 of the Insurance Act (Cap. 142) (“IA”)
  • Application for Insurance Brokers: Insurance brokers are registered under section 35X of the Insurance Act (Cap. 142). A person who wishes to conduct insurance broking activities may be registered as a direct insurance broker, general reinsurance broker or life reinsurance broker.
  • Application for Insurance Representative Office: Representative offices are registered under section 6A of the Insurance Act (Cap. 142)
  • Application for Money Broker: Money brokers are approved and governed under the MAS Act. The money brokers in Singapore shall only provide broking services and not act as principal or take positions in the foreign exchange and money markets.
  • Capital Markets Services Licence: Capital Markets Intermediaries are licensed under section 82 of the Securities and Futures Act (Cap. 289) to carry out any or all of the regulated activities specified in the Second Schedule to the Securities and Futures Act. The regulated activities are:

(a) dealing in securities; (b) trading in futures contracts; (c) leveraged foreign exchange trading; (d) advising on corporate finance; (e) fund management; (ea) real estate investment trust management; (f) securities financing; (fa) providing credit rating services; and (g) providing custodial services for securities.

  • Commercial Bank Licence: Setting up commercial banks in Singapore
  • Finance Company Licence: Finance companies are licensed under and governed by the Finance Companies Act. They focus on providing fixed and saving deposits as well as credit facilities to individuals and corporations
  • Financial Adviser’s Licence: Financial advisers are licensed under section 6 of the Financial Advisers Act (Cap. 110) to provide any or all of the financial advisory services specified in the Second Schedule to the Financial Advisory Services
  • Insurer Licence: A person who desires to carry on insurance business in Singapore as an insurer shall apply in writing to MAS for licensing under section 8 of the Insurance Act (Cap. 142)
  • Merchant Bank Licence: Merchant Banks operate within the Guidelines for Operation of Merchant Banks. Their typical activities include corporate finance, underwriting of share and bond issues, mergers and acquisitions, portfolio investment management, management consultancy and other fee-based activities
  • Money-Changer’s Licence: Buying and selling of foreign currency notes
  • Remittance Licence: Company offering remittance services
  • Trust Business Licence: Licensed Trust Companies are licensed under section 3 of the Trust Companies Act (Cap. 336) to carry out trust business specified in the First Schedule to the Trust Companies Act. Trust business refers to:

(a) the provision of services with respect to the creation of an express trust; (b) acting as trustee in relation to an express trust; (c) arranging for any person to act as trustee in respect of an express trust; (d) the provision of trust administration services in relation to an express trust

  • Fund raising Permit: Under the House to House and Streets Collection Act, all public fund-raising activities that involve house-to-house and street collections are required to be licensed by the Singapore Police Force’s Licensing Division
  • Application for Registration of Public Health Pesticide & Repellents Against Vectors
  • Cleaning Business Licence
  • Coffin Permit
  • Enhanced Clean Mark Accreditation Scheme
  • Environmental Control Officer Certificate
  • Fumigation Permit
  • Fumigator Licence
  • Funeral Parlour Licence
  • General Waste Collector Licence
  • General Waste Disposal Facility Licence
  • Hazardous Substances (HS) Licence
  • Hazardous Substances (HS) Permit
  • Hazardous Substances (HS) Transport Approval
  • L1 – Licence to manufacture, possess for sale or deal in ionising irradiating apparatus
  • L2 – Licence to manufacture, possess for sale or deal in radioactive materials
  • L3 – Licence to keep or possess an ionising irradiating apparatus for use (other than sale)
  • L4 – Licence to keep or possess radioactive materials for use (other than sale)
  • L5 – Licence to use ionising irradiating apparatus (other than sale)
  • L6 – Licence to use, handle, and transport radioactive materials (other than sale)
  • L6A – Licence to handle and transport radioactive materials
  • L7A/B – Licence to import or export a consignment of ionising irradiating apparatus
  • L8A/B – Licence to import or export a consignment of radioactive materials
  • N1 – Licence to manufacture, possess or deal in non-ionising irradiating apparatus
  • N2 – Licence to keep or possess for use non-ionising irradiating apparatus
  • N3 – Licence to use lasers
  • N4A/B – Licence to import or export a consignment of non-ionising irradiating apparatus
  • Notification of Soil Treatment (Termites)
  • Permission to import Vector for Research
  • R1- Registration as a radiation worker
  • Registration of Registrable Goods (Energy Labelling Scheme)
  • Registration of Supplier (Energy Labelling Scheme)
  • Ship Sanitation Control / Ship Sanitation Control Exemption Certificate
  • Swimming Pool Licence
  • Toxic Industrial Waste (TIW) Collector’s Licence
  • Toxic Industrial Waste (TIW) Transport Approval
  • Vector Control Operator Certificate
  • Vector Control Technician Licence
  • Vector Control Worker Certificate
  • Written Permission to Discharge Trade Effluent into a Watercourse
  • CITES Permit
  • Non-CITES Certificate
  • Phytosanitary Certification
  • Pre-signed CITES Permit
  • Pre-signed non-CITES Certificate
  • Licence to Supply Professional Engineering Services: The Professional Engineers Act provides for professional engineers to team up with allied professionals to form multi-discipline corporations and partnerships to supply professional engineering services in Singapore.
  • Ticket Payment Service Licence (TPSL): For the provision of the ticket payment services in the transit area
  • Plumber Licence: Application to be a Licensed Plumber to carry out water service and sanitary plumbing works
  • Written Approval for the Discharge of Trade Effluent Into the Public Sewer: For discharge of trade effluent (any liquid, including particles of matter and other substances in suspension in the liquid, which is the outflow from any trade, business or manufacture or of any works of engineering or building construction) into the public sewer
  • Application for Temporary Change of Use Permit
  • Application for Temporary Fire Permit / Fire Safety Certificate
  • Fire Certificate
  • Lodgement Of Minor Addition / Alteration Works (Minor A&A)
  • Petroleum & Flammable Material Import Licence
  • Petroleum & Flammable Material Pipeline Licence
  • Petroleum / Flammable Materials Storage Licence
  • Petroleum / Flammable Materials Transportation Licence
  • Plan Approval For Fire Safety Works
  • Food Export Certificate
  • Food Shop Licence
  • Food Stall Licence
  • Free Sale Certificate (Animal Feed)
  • Free Sale Certificate (Food)
  • Hawker Stall Licence 
  • Health Certificate for Export of Live Foodfish for Breeding 
  • Licence for Import/Export/Transhipment of Meat and Fish Products
  • Licence for Import/Transhipment of Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
  • Licence to Import Poultry
  • Licence to Import Sheep & Goats
  • Licence to Import Table Eggs
  • Licence to Manufacture and Process of Animal Feed
  • Licence to Operate Slaughter-house
  • Licence to Operate a Coldstore
  • Licence to Operate a Food Processing Establishment
  • Registration of Food Storage Warehouses
  • Registration to Import Animal Feed
  • Registration to Import Live Frogs for Consumption or Fish Feeding
  • Registration to Import Processed Food Products and Food Appliances
  • Supermarket Licence
  • Temporary Fair 
  • Application of Registering Property: If you wish to purchase Company’s Insolvency report, send legal requisitions to relevant government agencies and request for Property Information of to speed up the process of conveyancing transactions
  • Temporary Occupation Licenses: SLA rents out vacant State lands and buildings through Temporary Occupation Licenses (TOLs) and Tenancy Agreements (TAs)

Arms, Explosives and Explosive Precursors

  • Licence to Deal In Arms
  • Licence to Manufacture Arms
  • Licence to Repair Arms
  • Licence to Deal in Swords/Daggers/Bayonets/Spears/Spearheads
  • Licence to Deal in Explosives (For Blasting and Non-Blasting Purposes)
  • Licence to Manufacture Explosives
  • Licence for a Shop, Store or Magazine in any Blasting Site for Explosives
  • Licence to Do Blasting
  • Licence to Do Disposal of Explosives
  • Licence for Explosives Precursors (Deal/Manufacture/Possess or Control/Store)
  • Licence to Manufacture Explosive Precursors
  • Licence to Import or Export Arms
  • Licence to Import or Export Explosive
  • Licence to Import or Export Explosive Precursors
  • Licence to Purchase Arms
  • Licence to Purchase Explosives
  • Licence to Possess Arms
  • Licence to Remove Explosives

House-To-House and Streets Collection

  • House to House and Street Collections Licence: A House to House and Street Collections licence(HHSC) is required if one promotes a collection by way of appealing to the public, made by means of visits from house to house or of soliciting in streets or other places or by both such means, for money or other property


  • Class 5 – Temporary Liquor Licence
  • Liquor Licence (Class 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, 3A, 3B, 4)
  • Liquor Licence – Extension of Operating Hours
  • Liquor Consumption Permit

Massage Establishment

  • Massage Establishment Licence
  • Massage Establishment Licence- Employee Registration
  • Notification to Police of Exempted Massage Establishment


  • Application for Import/Transshipment and Export of Fruit Machines
  • Notification to conduct donation/lucky draw

Police Permit

  • Police Permit for Public Talk
  • Police Permit for Assembly or Procession
  • Road Closure Permit for Events

Private Security Industry

  • Private Investigation Agency Licence
  • Security Agency Licence
  • Security Officer’s Licence (SO)
  • Security Service Provider Licence
  • Private Investigator’s Licence (PI)
  • Registration for In-House Employer (RIHE)

Public Entertainment

  • Public Entertainment Licence
  • Public Entertainment Licence – Notification to Police of Exempted Public Entertainments or Arts Entertainment

Public Entertainment / Private Security Industry

  • Notice of Intention to Organise an Event

SecondHand Goods and Dealers

  • Secondhand Goods and Dealers Licence
  • Non-Renewable Temporary Occupation Licence (NRTOL): Non-Renewable Temporary Oc​cupation Licence (NRTOL) is an application for events held on Orchard Road Pedestrian Mall (State Land) on short-term, temporary basis.
  • Tourist Guide Licence
  • Travel Agent Licence 
  • EduTrust Certification Scheme 
  • Registration of Private Education Institutions
  • Approval for Additions & Alterations to a Conserved Building
  • Change of Use Approval
  • Home Office Scheme (URA)
  • Housing Developer’s Licence
  • Signage Proposal for a Conserved Building

Partnering Companies for Success

Our team of consultants are ready to assist you with your queries, and provide no-obligations advice to first better understand your needs.


We’re just a call & few clicks away!