Register Your Business on ACRA
The first step in any business venture is registering the company with ACRA, the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority of Singapore. Once approved, your company will receive a business licence with a Unique Entity Number (UEN), which is required for the application of other licences and permits.
Event Management Licensing Requirements
In addition to registering a business licence on ACRA, your Event Management Company may require other licences and permits, depending on the activities it organises.
- Arts Entertainment Licence: To organise arts entertainment events such as plays, musical performances, dance performances, art exhibitions, variety shows and pop/rock concerts
- Copyright Permit: To play or reproduce copyrighted music or videos at any event
- Public Entertainment Licence: To organise entertainment events (excluding arts entertainment events) to which the public has access
- Trade Fair Permit: To organise trade fairs
- Animal Exhibition Licence: To organise events where animals will be exhibited or be involved in performances
Other relevant licences or approvals your events require may include:
- Advertisement License
- No Objection Letter for selling food and beverages
- Fire Works Display Licence
- Notification to conduct lucky draws
- Newspaper Permit
- Non-Residential TV Licence
- Approval for Fire Safety Work on Premises
Please note that some permits are valid only for the duration of the event.