Setting Up a Tour Agency in Singapore
Register Your Business on ACRA
The first step in any business venture is registering the company with ACRA, the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority of Singapore. Once approved, your company will receive a business licence with a Unique Entity Number (UEN), which is required for the application of other licences and permits.
Tour Agency Licensing Requirements
In general, a person or business that intends to supply any person or tour a right to travel on any conveyance (land, sea or air) and/or a right of accommodation will be required to possess a Travel Agent (TA) license, under Section 4 of the Travel Agents Act (Cap. 334).
Singapore Tourism Board currently issues TWO types of Travel Agent Licences:
- Upfront capital of $50,000, plus a net worth of equal amount.
- Licensed to only sell or arrange tours with conveyance WITHIN Singapore, WITHOUT accommodation
- Upfront capital of $100,000, plus a net worth of equal amount
- Licensed to carry out ALL travel agent activities
The following conditions must be fulfilled before a Final Approval is granted by STB:
- Incorporate the company on the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA) of Singapore
- Ensure sufficient minimum upfront capital and net worth
- Nominate a Key Executive (Singaporean or PR or EP holder) with relevant experience who is responsible for day-to-day administration and operations
- Appoint executives with proof of good conduct and character
- Set up a dedicated email and business address